Chaz Kuper is a founding partner of Larson, Kuper, & Wenninghoff. Chaz focuses his practice on workers’ compensation law and has 15 years of experience representing employers, individuals, and insurance companies before the Nebraska Workers’ Compensation Court. His work routinely takes him before the Nebraska Court of Appeals and Nebraska Supreme Court where he has successfully appealed and defended decisions of the Nebraska Workers’ Compensation Court. Chaz received his B.A. from Knox College in 1999 and his law degree from Creighton University, cum laude, in 2002. Outside of practicing law, Chaz enjoys spending time with his family and is an avid tennis player and current president of the Omaha Tennis Association.
- B.A., 1999, Knox College, Political Science
- J.D., 2002, Creighton University School of Law, cum laude
- Over 15 years of experience representing employers and insurance carriers in the Nebraska Workers’ Compensation Court, the Nebraska Court of Appeals, and Nebraska Supreme Court. Successfully argued for reversal of a $10,000 penalty award before the Nebraska Supreme Court in Holdsworth v. Greenwood Farmers Co-op, 286 Neb. 49 (2013).
- Successfully defended a claim for permanent total disability due to alleged carbon monoxide exposure and defended an appeal of the Order of Dismissal to obtain affirmance by the Court of Appeals in Hamilton v. UPS, No. A-17-02 (2017) (Not designated for permanent publication).
- Routinely conducts training to employers and insurance carriers on Nebraska Workers’ Compensation law and provides practical advice for reducing workers’ compensation costs. In addition, he is often a speaker at seminars on Nebraska Workers’ Compensation Law.
16820 Frances Street,
Omaha, NE 68130
Phone: (402) 932-0290
Fax: (402) 932-0301