Criminal Defense Litigation
Do you need an experienced attorney who is always in your corner to fight a criminal charge? Robert Williams has the expertise you need for the best possible defense.
Aggressive, Proactive Approach to all Cases
Typical Nebraska criminal defense lawyers take a wait-and-see approach. They may sit back and wait until the first court date or until they receive the police reports before investigating and working on your case.
At LKW, however, we believe there is no time to waste. The most critical window for defense work may be within the first few days following an arrest or prior to formal charges being filed. By getting to work immediately, we can often locate favorable defense evidence and witnesses and get a head start on defending or defeating the charges.
Knowing the Local Courts
Every county and every courthouse has its own criminal handling procedures. By working day in and day out in the area courthouses, Mr. Williams of LKW has developed trusting relationships with judges, prosecutors, probation officers, and court staff. He knows the logistics of how things work in particular courtrooms and their prosecuting agencies and this helps him get the job done right.
Close and Personal Contact with Your Attorney
Facing criminal charges can be emotionally traumatizing. Nothing compounds the stress more than the inability to reach your attorney.
LKW Law places a premium on the accessibility of its lawyers and support staff. We are here to provide moral and emotional support in addition to excellent legal representation. To do this, we observe two policies:
- Every client phone call, email or text is returned within 24 hours
- Every client gets the contact email address of his/her attorney as well as the lawyer’s assistant
Not only does this provide you the assurance of knowing you can reach your lawyer at critical times, but It also helps us perform our job more effectively.
We find that close client interaction is pivotal in our work. Our clients are the best resources for understanding what happened and who the key players are in the case. We want to hear from you and you’ll definitely be hearing from us as we map out the story and put together the best defense possible.
Early Intervention Before Charges Get Filed
In some situations, it is possible to stop criminal charges from ever being filed.
After making an arrest or investigating a suspected crime, the police take their evidence to the prosecuting authority. This party evaluates the potential case and decides what criminal charges (if any) to file. Mr. Williams may be in position to meet with the prosecutor during this time period to present evidence and possibly reduce or eliminate charges.
Legal “Second Opinions”
Perhaps you already have retained a Nebraska criminal defense lawyer to help you with your case. If your case has been pending for a long period of time or you do not believe you are receiving professional legal representation, we can evaluate your case and offer an independent judgment on whether or not your case is being handled in the correct manner.
Bond, Bail & Release Help
If your loved one is in custody, we can often arrange a bond hearing to get the bail amount reduced or secure a personal recognizance release or PR Bond. We assist inmates in custody at all of the Nebraska state jails and local federal holds.
Other Types of Cases We Handle Include:
- Administrative License Revocations (ALR’s) from the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles
- Ignition Interlock Permit (IIP) applications and installation
- Mayoral Pardons for City Ordinance violations
- Pardons from the Board of Pardons and Governor’s Office
- Appeals from County, District, or Referee Courts
- Relief of driver’s license (DMV or DOT) holds from child support, accidents or legal judgments and liens
- Board of Mental Health hearings
- 15 year DUI License Revocations
- All Negligence Matters
- Product Liability
- Insurance Defense
- Insurance Subrogation
- Tort Claim Act cases versus City, State or other Political Subdivision
- Tort cases for both Plaintiffs and Defendant
- Assault, Battery
- Breach of Contract
- Unlawful Conversion of Property, Replevin
- False Imprisonment
- Negligent or Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress
- Defamation, Libel & Slander
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Malicious Prosecution
16820 Frances Street,
Omaha, NE 68130
Phone: (402) 932-0290
Fax: (402) 932-0301